Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Canada Day


Purple – the new “Red and White”

I’m so glad you stopped by to see my long-awaited lilacs! Here it is July 1st (Canada Day!) and I finally have enough lilacs at the end of the road to make a bouquet for the table. This late spring has to be some kind of record!
Even though lilacs are not red and white (and not remotely patriotic), their scent is marvelous! With the patriotic barn in the background, they make a fine “Canada Day” bouquet, I think.

I was so excited to get them into water that I grabbed the first thing available. No worries – I’m so busy with the ‘dubya’ tasks (watering and weeding) that I won’t be needing the measuring cup for baking any time soon.

Happy Canada Day, everyone. Maybe summer is finally on its way.

No comments:

Post a Comment